Thursday, August 8, 2013

Details, details, details! Why am I always plagued by details!?!

An organized person, I'm thinking would have all of the camp sites figured out and know where all of the confirmation emails were. They would probably have these in a nice email folder or even a hard copy folder just to make sure they had it when needed. I can only imagine that's what they'd do because I haven't achieved that level of Nirvana yet.

http://www.kayakpenderisland.com/  is where I think I made the reservations for our kayak trip on the 15th. I've asked for confirmation...

Ferry Schedules
http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/allroutes_schedulepdf.html

http://www.wsdot.com/Ferries/Schedule/ScheduleDetailByRoute.aspx?route=ana-sj

Camping
August 11--South Whidbey State Park on Whidbey Island Burn Ban
August 12--Deception Pass State Park on Whidbey Island Burn Ban
August 13--Moran State Park on Orcas Island Burn Ban Primitive camps closed
August 14--Inn on Pender Island (not really camping)
August 15--Inn on Pender Island
August 16--Ruckle Provincial Park on Salt Spring Island  Burn Ban
August 17--Desconso Bay Regional Park on Gabriola Island
August 18--Desconso Bay Regional Park on Gabriola Island
August 19--Birch Bay State Park--Washington (long day of riding) Burn Ban
August 20--Larrabee State Park--Washington
August 21--Bay View State Park--Washington Burn Ban
August 22--Camano Island State Park (ADA Deluxe Cabin)
August 23--Home

The significance of the burn bans is not so much that we can't have a camp fire, it's that we won't be able to use my Biolite cooking stove. This stove uses wood for fuel...and only gas or propane are allowed. This is funny, since I've been waiting to use my new stove and grill attachment!

No comments:

Post a Comment